Industry Leading Software Workflow Management Solution
ODMS Release 7 Dictation & Transcription Software
Workflow Coordination at Your Fingertips
Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) Release 7 Software is the virtual coordinator at the heart of our Professional Dictation Solution.
The ODMS Release 7 dictation/transcription software suite provides an intuitive and enhanced user experience that is capable of handling new efficient workflow capabilities.
The New Start-up Wizard and ability to incorporate the WiFi features of the DS-9500 ensures your organization’s success with real-time dictation file sharing and easy implementation. ODMS drives workflow automation in both on-site and off-site environments, incorporating file routing and workflow rules to enhance efficiency. 256-bit file encryption provides the latest security features for ensuring that all shared information is secured and protected in your business. ODMS provides a seamless interface with Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition Software to transcribe your dictation files automatically with back-end speech recognition.
Our Professional Dictation products are available exclusively through our network of Certified Dealer Partners. Present in all 50 states and Canada, our dealers are trained in configuring the most efficient and cost-effective dictation and transcription solutions.
FLEXIBLE, AUTOMATIC FILE ROUTING WORKFLOW
Dictation files are automatically sent to predetermined destinations via network server,email, or FTP using either WIFI, LAN, or a USB connection. Transcribed documents are returned with ease to the original authors.
QUICK INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
The New Start up wizard creates an fast and easy process that will get your organization running quickly. It will guide you to set-up your network, shared file folders and/or e-mail settings to route your dictation files to meet your needs.
TRUSTED DATA SECURITY THROUGH STANDARD OLYMPUS ENCRYPTION
An instant 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro-Format secures your dictation and ensures only authorized listeners can access it. Customizable backup feature allows trusted storage of your files and protection against accidental data loss.
SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE REDESIGNED USER INTERFACE
Navigate the interface with ease thanks to an improved design and intuitive placement of common tools. Boost productivity and efficiency with easily customizable icons and settings to align with user preferences.
SEAMLESS INTERFACE TO SPEECH RECOGNITION
Fully compatible with Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition software, ODMS seamlessly integrates and allows ease of transcription, further decreasing transcription time.
- Creates wireless workflow with DS-9500 device
- 256 bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
- Automatic back-up adds extra protection against accidental data loss
- Scalable solution for small and large offices using standalone or workgroup modes
*AS-57 is required for Workgroup installation
** See Specs for details
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Upgrading allows you to keep your user profile and settings when changing to the new version of the ODMS software.
· Run “setup.exe” from the extracted folder.
· Select your language and click “OK”.
· Click “Yes”.
· Click “Next”.
· Accept the license agreement and click “Next”.
· Enter your “User Name”, “Organization” & “License ID” (License Key). Then click “Next”.
NOTE: Your license key determines if the Dictation Module or Transcription Module is going to be installed.
Dictation Module: RD76-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Transcription Module: RT76-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
· If you have entered the license key correctly it will mention which software module license was entered. Click Yes to proceed.
· Click “Next”.
We recommend keeping the directory as default unless you store program files elsewhere.
· Click “Install”.
· Click “Finish”.
Yes. Setting up templates through ODMS to have predetermined locations, fonts and text sizes for your transcribed audio can be very useful to expedite the transcription workflow. The video below demonstrates how to set up document templates.
Yes. Software encryption is available to protect your audio files. The video below will demonstrate how to encrypt your folders through the software and show how variations of software and device encryption with affect files.
ODMS supports a number of email methods. For detailed instructions, please click on the appropriate option below.
You can also review the setup video below:
Yes, the ODMS software can be configured to use a FTP server for sending or receiving dictations/documents.
How to configure an FTP profile
- Select Tools > Options > E-mail / FTP tab
- Select FTP from the left pane
- Select Add… to create a new profile
- Enter your FTP logon details. These are available from your IT department or your ISP (separate configuration required).
- Select Test Settings to ensure all your setting are accurate
- Select the browse […] button and choose a folder as a location for dictation. Click OK to confirm.
- Now select the browse […] button and choose a folder as a location for documents. Click OK to confirm.
- Click Finish > OK to exit the Options window and apply the settings.
- Once the FTP profile has been configured you can follow the guide to automatically-send-dictation-via-ftp or follow the guide to automatically-receive-dictation-via-ftp.
- Standalone System: Microsoft Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista,XP )
- Workgroup System: Microsoft Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R2, Server 2012, 2008 R2 SP1, Server2003 R2 SP2 )
- Microsoft Windows 10: 1 GHz or higher
- Windows 8: 1 GHz or higher
- Windows 7: 1 GHz or higher
- Vista: 1 GHz or higher
- XP: 1GHz or higher
- Server 2012: 2GHz or higher
- Server 2008: 2 GHz or higher
- Server 2003: 1GHz or higher
- Microsoft Windows 10: 1 GB or more (x86) / 2 GB or more (x64)
- Windows 7: 1 GB or higher (x86)/2 GB or higher (x64)
- Windows 8: 1 GB or higher (x86)/2 GB or higher (x64)
- Vista: 1 GB or higher;
- XP: 256MB or higher
- Server 2012: 2 GB or higher
- Server 2008: 2 GB or higher
- Server 2003: 256 MB or higher
- With the Dictation Module and Transcription Module: A Microsoft WDM- or MME-compliant and Windows-compatible sound device
Virtual Environment Platform (Workgroup System only)
- Windows Terminal Services: Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 Terminal Services (requires separate RDS[TS] CAL license), Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016 RemoteApp (requires separate RDS CAL license)
- Citrix Presentation Server: XenApp 5 / 6 / 7 – 7.15, XenDesktop 7 – 7.15, Citrix Receiver 4.0 or later (using citrix virtual environments requires a separate Citrix user license.
- VMware: VMware View: Horizon View 5/6, Horizon 7 – 7.2, VMware View Client 5.0.1 or later (Using VMware view requires a separate VMware view user license)
- Send finished dictation by e-mail or FTP manually or automatically
Playback & Recording
- DSS/WAV/WMA/MP3 playback
- DSS/WMA/WAV recording
- DSS Pro encryption recording
- Speed/Tone/Noise cancel/Volume control
- Insert/Overwrite mode
- Set index mark
- Automatic software update via internet
- Device option settings
- Device menu settings
- Assign function to programmable button
- Directrec configuration
- Device customization
- Assign function to programmable button
- Exchange button/slide switch function
- Encryption password setting to individual folder
- Automatic download of individual folder at device plug-in
- Automatic file format conversion (DSS, DS2, WAV, WMA) at download
- License Manager
- Multiple license management: Pro R5 and ODMS
- Concurrent license: Pro R5 and ODMS
System Configuration Program
- User profile management: Pro R5 and ODMS
- Group profile management
- Virtual environment
- Citrix XenDesktop: Ver 4/5
- Citrix XenApp: Ver 5/6
- Citrix Presentation Server: Ver 4.5
- Citrix client virtual driver
Other Technical Data
- HDD space: At least 2 GB of free space
- .NET Framework: .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
- Drive: CD-ROM drive installed
- Display: 1024 x 768 pixel resolution or higher, 65,536 colors or more (16.77 million colors or more recommended)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (with the latest Service Pack applied)
- USB: With the Dictation Module and Transcription Module; one or more USB ports available